View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 00:57   Link #153
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
I'm pretty sure there was a sequel to Munto with the same director a year or two ago. I've seen references to both on AnimeSuki. I've only seen reference to Munto 2's pending release, however, although I do think it was.
Yep, Munto 2 came out in 2005 I think, two years after the first Munto. I have both on region 1 DVD--Munto 2 ends on a cliffhanger so it's pretty much a given there'll be a Munto 3 somewhere down the road. I like the storyline and characters in Munto overall, although there are definitely times it felt like they were trying to cram too much into too short a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Hahaha anime girls being fat, that's too funny. Plumpness is reserved for older and by that I mean much older female characters usually. You know the jolly and wise older woman who usually pops up to give advice to somebody and is very kind to everyone who comes her way. It's almost a rule that females in anime are by default perfect bodywise by the authors definition of perfection. Slim and big busted for the older girls with provactive clothing, or very slim and flat chested for younger loli girls also with the possibility of provactive clothing or Gothic Lolita. Anyway thats my two cents, its appealing to the eyes, but about as realistically achievable as the rail-thin supermodel look is.

I'm hoping Kyoto doesn't try to bury me with moe again, every time somebody suggests a Moe overdose I cry a little, I can really only take so much and the market is more than a bit saturated with it right now. Comedy is perfect though as I've been short on the laughs lately and The Daily Show has been my saviour over the past 6 or so months. Funny Moe rather than Moe for the sake of Moe would be very uplifting right now AND in reasonable and restrained doses. My impression was that this was supposed to be a clever and witty look at otaku girls wasting their time doing things like playing games and chilling out, trying to make it through school life and then growing up. If this turns out to be another Manabi Straight I can't say I'll be finishing it.
I'm looking forward to it, as long as it's funny I'll be happy--I loved Fumoffu, so I'm confident Kyoani can pull off comedy well. Haven't read any of the Lucky Star manga, but from what I've read in this thread I'm hoping it'll be good.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote