View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 11:48   Link #836
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
wake up call for england fans
pretty good insight i say. in any case, rooney's is nothing to the real greats that have graced the game. how should i say this, the english are deprived. it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. this boy doesn't have the makings of a legend.
EDIT:
hehe..this has to be shared LoL
While most of the criticism is straight to the point (plus I rarely support England), As a Reds fan, I must be compelled to argue against this paragraph concerning Gerrard which reeks of "pro-Gooner bias".

Quote:
Conspicuously only ever happy when he is the centre of attention, Gerrard is keen to remind us with a beat of the chest that he is 'The Man' after dispatching a thirty-yard shot into the net of such opposition as Luton, Olympiakos or West Ham. Against the the big men for England however, the Liverpool captain has only ever been the lost little boy, with a lapse in concentration gifting France a win at Euro 2004 and an impotent performance against Portugal in Germany summed up by a tame penalty miss.
Spoiler for Gerrard-defending rant, Gooners can look away:

Anyway, tonight is the "wothless" 3rd place playoff between the hosts Germany and Portugal. For Portugal, it will be Figo's final international match, for the hosts, they might want to salvage something, with Oliver Kahn back in goal.

Speaking as a tennis fan and football fan at the same time, once again I must face the dilemma of how to allocate my concentration between the World Cup and another Federer v Nadal face off. (The first one, the Roland Garros final, coincided during the Group Stages, this time it's in grass on Wimbledon. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote