View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 20:19   Link #79
oompa loompa

i agree, theres no need to be *that* pessimistic.. though it may contract a lot, in the worst case scenario.. the anime industry is in a tight spot, but so is the rest of japan as well - theyre going through some tough times.. the idea, and style, of anime is not just going to dissapear overnight or even in a year - they do have to stop clinging to old models and look for some way to make a profit out of it, i find it extremely hard to believe that thats impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
There is no need to worry about the anime industry collapsing. It's not going to crash. It may stumble a bit and need to pick itself back up, but it won't crash. The American anime licensing industry; however, I think will disappear in time.

i would love to see legal digitized media from japan, i'm not sure how well crunchyroll works, its plus or minus points, but i think its a step in the right direction. hopefully something similiar will be set up in place in the future - i do believe that the licensing industry will fail though..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote