View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 04:27   Link #48
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm not sure what about her viewpoint was interpreted as incorrect by the show.

Yuina was someone who said that you have to love your work to be able to do it well. Ohana loves her work. Ohana shows her abilities to get the job done. Yosuke talks about how he want sa girl who'd work with her at the inn. Yuina who doesn't understand what's to love about this job that she just sees as hard gets jealous of Ohana. She works a little and gains a little appreciation for the work that Ohana loves. In the end, she's still going to do what she wants to do.

The ones who were portrayed as incorrect were the waitresses who quit because really, that was an immature thing to do, to just leave on the spot.
Well, the show seems to repeatedly hammer in the fact that those devotees to the inn are so devoted and hardworking. So while you see this hardworking SHOUNEN WILLPOWER Ohana slaving away and then you see Yuina kinda lazily floating around and trying to talk her potential fiance out of it while possessing a indirect, vague approach, while Ohana takes the good and honest approach... and then you see how Youske's like "I love people like that" (Did Okada just take over his body and start talking?), it's kinda clear what the show wants to make you favor in addition to the scene of the lazy, irresponsible, not dedicated workers in the beginning.

So naturally Yuina's terrible for not wanting to work at an inn, shame on her, everyone else is doing it! So selfish huh!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews