View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 22:03   Link #29751
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Yes, I proposed this a while ago and there was a big debate about it. How does it violate Knox's 8th, though?
When I read Knox's 8th:
Quote:
The detective must not light on any clues are not instantly produced for the inspection of the reader. Any writer can make a mystery by telling us that at this point the great Picklock Holes suddenly bent down and picked up from the ground an object which he refused to let his friend see. He whispers 'Ha!' and his face grows grave - all that is illegitimate mystery - making. The skill of the detective author consists in being able to produce his clues and flourish them defiantly in our faces: 'There!' he says, 'what do you make of that?' and we make nothing.
I don't read:
Quote:
It is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not presented
but instead:
Quote:
It is forbidden for the detective to withold clues.
Even if the Reader assumed "Oh, Shannon and Kanon both closed the door; Shannon and Kanon are two different people," there should have been some sort of statement along the lines of Erika wondering about the servant who keeps changing clothes/voices/names.

Back on Topic, it is pretty strange that a body would have been kept for over a year for the sake of the murder games. Where would Genji and/or Yasu keep Kinzo? How popular is the "The strange smells in Kinzo's room is the smell of death/ embalming chemicals" theory? It makes sense, but I really can't think of much else. It's probably not important though...

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote