View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 17:16   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
So that would make Ceaser a one trick pony. The bad part about that is people adapt and change their tactics. Luffy kicked Ceaser's ass all over the place during the fight. Ceaser only trump card was the one attack. Do you think it will work in round 2? Second give Smoker his body and see how the fight goes. Ceaser was afraid when Vice Admiral Smoker showed up. I also wonder if Smoker is like Enel, in that he does not have to breath? Second Ceaser wanted Law's heart in exchange for Monet's heart. That does not scream strong fighter at all.
Randrak42 already made some decent points, so I'll simply say that Oda wrote Caesar with a power that controls the vast majority of matter in the universe. To claim that he is a one trick pony before he even has to seriously fight anyone seems a bit disingenuous. I do agree that Caesar does not appear to be a physically superior specimen like Luffy, Smoker or Law, but he is obviously very intelligent and his powers are potentially extraordinary even by One Piece standards.