View Single Post
Old 2006-01-10, 02:32   Link #1
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

New MP4 playback issue...

To start out, I have to say I never had any playback issues in the past. Was always able to easily resolve codec issues and such, but now I've encountered something I can't work out.

I was just trying to watch Ginban Kaleidoscope 6 and 7 in my backlog only to find I have no video. Strange. I had no problem watching the first 5. Go back to check them, and again, no video. Just audio. Same problem in 3 different video players (Zoom, BS and Winamp) -- I have H.246 installed, and I have Haali and stuff too. I did make a recent video player swap (from BS to Zoom) due to weird subtitle playback issues (BS was displaying OGM but not MKV subtitles) but trying any media player, I still get no video in MP4s.

I tried reinstalling Haali and H.264 both, with no luck. So I've no idea what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. :\ Preferably without switching to MPC. I've already changed media players 4 times in the past 2 years. Getting used to another one would just drive me insane. Especially when I had no problem watching MP4s in the past, some new random issue has cropped up...