View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 18:48   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
You don't know that. For all we know, Touka could have asked the grandparents if they would take Rikka back, and they got in touch with mom. I'm not assuming that she has actively stayed in touch with anyone over the last two years.
So, her mom conveniently shows up and tries to get in touch with Rikka, right after Touka has been contacted by the italian branch of her work place? And just when she could be sent to her grandparents place instead? And weirdly enough, Touka did use the weird "left" and not "disappeared/abandonned us", but surely the latter still cut ties with them nevertheless?
Quote:
Really? She shows up with a bento out of the blue and you know exactly what she's thinking and feeling? What her motivations are? I don't. For all I know, she could have one (or more) of a myriad of personality disorders that affect what she does. The only concrete thing we know of that situation is that she said that she didn't think Rikka would want to see her. Maybe saying that was just a ploy to gain sympathy from Yuuta.
Because you can easely link her facial expressions, aka her concerns, from the flashbacks and what she expressed towards Yuuta in this episode.
But if even that warrants "all we know, it could be a ploy!", then we can basically doubt -everyone's feelings- in there. It is just getting ridiculous. I find it funny you doubt her mother's emotions there, while you were quick to call Yuuta "violent" despite just seeing him raising his voice and holding Rikka's hand.
Quote:
Who does? Nothing I have read here has indicated that anyone thinks that communicating in a "normal" fashion would be easy with Rikka. Granted, I do admit that I do skip over some posts, but I just can't recall anyone saying that.
The fact you believe her chuunibyou isn't a severe problem, and the fact it was implied by several posts Rikka's family didn't try hard enough and were quick to give up sure give the impression there is an implication that "chuunibyou isn't any big deal".
It is just a major problem that wears down Rikka's relative endurance, which is why I mentioned that they are also affected by Rikka's state, as it is obviously heartwrenching to have a relative like that, but just impossible to get through of their shell.