View Single Post
Old 2013-08-18, 13:41   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He rejected all those awesome girls for the chance to be with Kirino only for a few months? You have to be kidding me... that's just adding to the injury. I can't think of any way they could have made this ending worse.
That isn't all that resulted. Kirino was originally going to go off overseas but that got called off regardless of their "dating" arrangement. So he gets to continue to be with Kirino indefinitely going forward, even if they've "gone back to being normal siblings" (pending the results of the additional life counselling). In the end, you might argue that continuing to be together was more important for them than what exact form their relationship took.

(Not that I expect this to change your opinion.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
The whole thing doesn't make any sense - this plot point of Kyousuke confessing and proposing to Kirino (and her ACCEPTING after yelling out how creepy it all is) is so hopelessly forced into the series that it feels less like shoehorning and more hammering the damn thing in.
Weren't Kirino's true feelings already betrayed in Episode 13 where we understood how much she loved Kyousuke? (Not to mention all the prior episodes about how she wanted to be number one in his life, didn't want him to date anyone else, was jealous when he was going out with Kuroneko, and on and on.) Given that she's been in love with him all this time, and yet still constantly going on about how creepy it is, it seems clear that she's both a) being dishonest about her feelings, and b) conflicted about the fact that her feelings aren't normal (as she was told by Manami). This was further reinforced in Episode 15.

As for Kyousuke and his timing, this too was foreshadowed in Episode 11 and 12: in 11 he told Kuroneko that he had to settle things with Kirino before he could give her an answer, and in 12 he rejected Ayase because he already had someone he loved. He also found out that Kirino was planning to leave to go overseas again. So there were lots of reasons why now was right time, and it wasn't forced into the narrative.

(Again, not that I expect this will change your opinion either.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-18 at 13:55.