View Single Post
Old 2004-01-20, 01:15   Link #19
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
In the feild of dubs, you have professionally done dubs like most of you have put forward. the Yu Yu dub isn't too bad from what I've heard, and Love Hina's dub was produced by production IG, so blame them.
Well, I blame Wendee Lee for that one, since she directed the dub. For those that don't know her, she was the English voice actor for Faye in Cowboy Bebop. After that she's been cast as the female lead in just about every dub from Bandai since then...

I hate overcasting... they're doing the same thing to Crispin Freeman now ever since he played Alucard in Hellsing. It was funny, because this previous weekend I went to the first AX Tokyo (a convention that has existed for a while in the states) and he was there, and my reaction was kind of like, "Why are the Japanese going to care?"

Anyway, back on topic... The main reason Love Hina's dub suffers is because of the choice to use a southern accent for Kitsune and the fact that Wendee Lee plays HALF THE FREAKIN' CAST, but I did like Keitaro's voice actor at least. He was the perfect nerd...

Wow, I haven't watched a dub in almost a year... Honestly, the dub I'm the most curious to hear when I return to the states is Azumanga. I hope ADV has a decent cast. (Dear god, don't let them make Osaka into a hick...)
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote