View Single Post
Old 2008-08-05, 10:13   Link #1252
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Don't single out atheism as cause of being a killer, there will always be killers coming from each belief group/religion.
Yes, it really depends on how strongly they respect and belive their religion. I know of a Christian that refuses to watch things such as Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist...etc and silimar things to them just because they have witchcraft in them, which is 'apparently' offensive to God and the way in which he created us. (Don't ask). But then their are also Christians like my father whom drink, smoke, has had a fair share of fights, has sex before marriage (he has a girlfriend now). I know, these things are not exactly murder or serious crimes, but nontheless a lot of those things go against the bible and Gods teachings.

I'm an athiest, but it is not as though I would go out with a butchers knife when I'm bored and go around mass murdering and decapitating people, just because I know I will not be punished by Gods hand for it. Regardless, I still do sometimes have beliefs about God, I'm not sure if that is because I have grown up around Christians and Catholics on my fathers side of the family, but still..they are there. I have my own beliefs and do not feel the need to follow others.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote