View Single Post
Old 2008-11-11, 07:39   Link #1271
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I had 2 of the weirdest times in AV matches tonight and today, both of which turned out to be wins.

The first one, we rushed on offense hard and had 3 towers down and Drek ready. But then came the problem. 20 Horde slipped inside Drek's lair. And we didn't get Iceblood Tower due to defenders of fail (I held Tower Point with ease). However, Defense at Strompike onwards was solid (I ended up there shortly after defending Tower Point). I ended up being a very annoying thorn in the other side's offense. There ended up being 5 other players (Elemental Shaman, Subtlety Rogue, Fire Mage, Arms Warrior and Affliction Warlock) hellbent on finding me in packs. But I'd slip in to the bridge or near the Aid Station flag, snap 2-3 of them, get out, eat, rinse and repeat. They ended up having our last 2 bunkers ticking down and looked set for victory, but somehow we never gave up the Aid Station. Eventually our offense gave it 1 last mad dash. With Alliance on only 10 resources left, Drek falls. Only 2 seconds later, the final bunker falls. Somehow we got out of jail by 2 seconds. How, I have no idea. 15 minutes of fail on offense were saved by 15 epic minutes on defense.

In a very slick all cap victory, although we conceded some bunkers, in a game today, the focal point ended up being Frostwolf Graveyard. But what was hilarious was, I slid in and out, over and over, pummeling just about anything, without dying at all. I was 12-0 and thought I'd get the 20-0 achievement. But then Frostwolf finally got capped (the Relief Hut and FW towers were already ours) and Horde all ressed at Stonehearth, ending my best chance at that achievement. Still, felt good to be able to do that.

Arcane PvP is beginning to gain my approval more. Frost may have more to it, but Arcane has a very good potential to snap an opponent within a few seconds, plus Slow and instant Invisibility are very handy. The PvE cycle is okay. But, as even Blizzard admits...Arcane Blast is still not a worthwhile spell except for firing it as an instant with Presence of Mind + Arcane Power combo. The cycle at the moment is Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Missiles. Rinse and repeat. Arcane Blast's ridiculous exponential mana cost for little gain is a joke. The 1st cast - 195 mana. 2nd - ~800 mana. 3rd - don't even try....

But still, I'm now feeling more at ease that Mages won't be in trouble in Northrend. They're still important and now have 3 viable trees for possibly the first time ever. It's feeling more fun that it has in a very long time.