Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 01:01   Link #2403
Requiem-x
The slacking one

If we don't get a proper season 2, I'll be dissapointed and seriously shocked, because this episode left the stage ready for a direct continuation, even with some new questions too.

About the episode itself, everything went way better than expected, though that's not too hard considering I was expecting a bunch of drama, goodbyes and feels back in akibastar. Honestly, I thought the whole concert had been totally ditched so seeing it actually happen was pure joy, and you can be sure I went HELL YEAH when they did it in the middle of the detention center. There were quite a few out of nowhere things (don't give things away so easily, Chieri), but nothing notoriously dumb (Yes, I expected worse than Acchan saving the day from beyond), and I'm sure not complaining about having Takamina around a little longer.

Anyway, some quick highlights
- Orine's old friends being there was the sweetest moment, never thought I'd end up liking a soft spoken pink haired girl so much.
- Butt kicking moment of the episode: Yuuko slicing that mech like nobody's business. Of course, Mayuyu deserves props too. Hell, even Mamoru got a cool moment.
- Nagisa's dad is a great example of a strict but understanding figure. Did not see it coming.
- Mimori not getting enough attention? Give her a Kirara! I wonder if it's full of pheromones too.
- Takamina's bow shaped kirara is adorable.
- From the moment Nagisa and Chieri flew together to finish up kibou no tsuite till the music stopped it was all fist raising glory. Anyone watching that should've at least tried to sing along (or maybe it's just me...?)

Really, really hoping we get a proper second season and not another crappy anime movie. For one reason or another, this series is something else.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote