View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 18:04   Link #29317
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
Having only read his interviews post-knowing answers, I can't actually really appreciate or recognise where trolls. Got any good examples?
Um...of the top of my head, there was this thing in the EP6 interview where he said 'I think we're going to give out a pretty merciless answer in EP7', obviously indicating at the red herring in the Tea Party, wanting to make the deception more plausible (although that herring was almost screaming 'FAKE').

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
He has the most trouble with this one, and with Kanon's death in EP1. For this one, he presents 3 possibilities.
All three (except maybe for the third one) are terribly ridiculous. Letter openers? What is that, like, the small bombs' cousin? If so, where was the envelope, or a ton other stuff, including the fact that it's ridiculous?

Quote:
Indeed. His version of Rosa is even more batshit crazy than Yasu is in "the official explanation". Although you have to admit that Rosa shows more signs of mental instability than any other possible culprit. Certainly she shows a lot more signs of mental problems than Kanon and Shannon do.
Rosa doesn't have mental problems, her behavior can be explained very easily. She does love Maria, but she just can't help being reminded by her growth that she's been abandoned by the man she loved, and being pretty young it is painful to know her love life has to end for the sake of her daughter, plus her company having all sorts of trouble, and her financial difficulties, and all of that makes her go wild on Maria. Well, she's done many inexcusable things, but I think she's sane enough, she's just way too stressed.

The Yasu theory isn't as ridiculous, because it is based on a human being who had an abnormal life and difficulties understanding itself, not even having a gender as an identity, and well, in the context of Umineko and a fictional story, if you're willing to accept some far-fetching, it's acceptable.

Quote:
I honestly think he just likes to be clear and thorough. But yeah he takes things to a level far beyond what is needed.
Exactly. He's trying to impress. Being clear and thorough doesn't mean taking nine hours explaining something that could be explained just as well (if not better) in, let's say, twenty minutes at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
Youtube mainly like whenever I post anything even remotely ShKanon I always get one of his supporters saying to me "SHKANON ISNT RAEL IT IS A LIE BY RYUKUSHI07 DUMBASSSSSSSSSSS!!! JST WATCH KNOWNOMORES VID TO NOW TRUTH!!!" of course I am exaggerating this but you get the point. I just really hate people telling me my theory is wrong when they never even took the time to actually make a theory and just blindly obeyed someone telling them what the answer so they are huge hypocrites.
Yeah, I've seen some of that happening in YouTube, god forbid if someone dares oppose that theory. It's really sad to see how people go on and accept what seems to be the 'general concesus' or an impressive theory which seems plausible just because of the nine hours duration when the series' whole point was everyone having their own truth. Of course, disagreeing with that is perfectly understandable even for those who like Umineko, and by no means does it imply one would have to enforce it in their everyday life, but saying 'I've totally nailed Umineko' by denying it's very essence, and what is more, parroting someone else's lame theory is really pretentious to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
...But this sort of makes me wonder how stupid everyone can possibly be. I mean, surely Kanon wasn't a thing that was actually going on in real life that anybody credible among the servants believed. If you asked one of the many Fukuin servants who were still employed but not on Rokkenjima on Oct. 4-6, 1986, they would presumably tell you that in addition to Genji, there was one Fukuin servant on the island. They would know this. Or, at the very least, the way Shannon and Kanon behave would not seem "right" to them, as Shannon and Kanon are highly idealized. While Battler might not necessarily know this himself, and would have to figure it out, anybody willing to do even a tiny bit of research into the whole Rokkenjima Incident thing would have been able to talk to one of the many servants who had worked there in the early 80s.

That and, um, confirm that no such person as Kanon ever actually existed at Fukuin (which ep8 at least suggests someone may have actually done), unless Genji doctored the records. And I don't see why he would bother, since he was in control of that and probably wasn't expecting anyone to start looking into Kanon after everyone mysteriously exploded.
I think the answer to that would be the fact that Kanon didn't start working in Rokenjima with another batch of servants as it happened with Yasu in the beggining or is implied that usually happened, but went by himself (it's clearly stated when Shannon cooks him up). Well, I guess that might cause some slight misunderstandings with new servants who were just at the Fukuin house, but those could be overcomed somehow (but I really believe it's just a slight carelessness on Ryukishi's part).

Other than that, I don't see why the other Fukuin servants would be aware of what the shift program was at the day of the conference or why the should be able to tell you which servants were there or not. After all, since servants come and go and stay just for two years, I don't think there was any servant working at Rokenjima who had any means of supsecting Kanon wasn't really at the Fukuin house. It's a little careless of Ryukishi as I said above, but not a total screwup that can't work no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Besides, it's easier to believe he's shifty or incompetent with respect to contradicting the red than to believe the red is true and he's meta-trolling to an extent that defies all common sense.
I don't think he did it out of incompetence, he just used it in a really, really dirty way which ended up rendering most of it unreliable, because it was put there just for the purpose to make things more tricky for readers.

Well, but actually, for me, and I'm speaking only for myself now, the red made things clearer when I actually figured out the Shkanon thingy. Like, oh, yeah, that right there is a trap wanting to make you think this and that, and it sort of helped become more positive that my theory was actually right.

And by the way, KnownNoMore's 'favorite' argument about the red disproving the Shkannon theory, because of the 'people' 'bodies' 'personalities' mumbo-jumbo can easily be explained in a more rational fashioned by saying that the red is Beato's chew toy, and she can do whatever she wants with it, which I think can be supported more adequately by the actual story.

But, yeah, Ryukishi is just a doujin creator. Maybe his works can be endlessly fun to read and dangerously addictive, but no, he's nowhere close to an evil genious like that.

P.S: Wow, I really type slow....So many posts were made until I finished this wall of text it makes me feel like I'm totally coming out of the blue...

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2012-06-25 at 18:14.
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote