View Single Post
Old 2019-01-06, 11:46   Link #1052
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Somebody please craft me a dunce cap for personal use...I think I now fully qualify for one.

So I have been having a LOT of fun this past couple of days grinding the remainder of my T7 Mahan. I have to say, as a cruiser and BB main, I didn't expect to enjoy a DD this much. I have often been wary of US DDs due to their short torp ranges (I'm more of a stealth player, so I prefer torps to gunnery), but the last couple of ships, T6 Farragut and T7 Mahan, have prompted me to revise my opinion on gunboat gameplay. I'm so satisfied with this ship (I'm consistently in my team's top three) I'm even thinking about keeping it in my port rather than selling it off.

So not even five minutes ago, I managed to earn the 115K XP needed to graduate to the T8 Benson. I didn't intend to get the latter ASAP: I'm currently hoarding credits so that I can afford several sets of upgrades (concealment, etc) and B hulls for other ships I'm grinding (I find my Seattle grind particularly tedious and not particularly rewarding) and I'm therefore thinking, "well, I'll just allocate the XP to research and unlock the Benson and nothing beyond that".

And so I put my words into practice.

But my brain, due to its manifold reptilian atavisms and Neanderthalian tendencies, saw a big button called "purchase" and, before my mind could tell this vital organ to hold on, absently pressed it.

And now I have a spanking new Benson in my port and I'm down from 9.1M credits to 140K.

Somebody slap me awake, please. I can't afford more accidental purchases like this (I really need those modules for the Seattle and Alsace). T_T