Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-03, 18:54   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter747
I remember from several posts that all these arcs are somewhat independent of each other, yet at the same time exists on at the same time. Is this game's storyline simulating the Butterfly Effect?
uh...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
A question and an observation-cum-question:

1) If the show is "only" going to go to Tsumihoroboshi-hen, then we're not going to get the full answer, are we?
No you won't, but you will come as close as you get to getting the answer. By that time, you'll have everything you need to know about what was going on behind Onikakushi and Watanagashi.

Quote:
2) If we were to get the answer, wouldn't this be counterproductive, since it would spoil the game and conceivably affect sales? So, honestly speaking, can't we expect that the anime will peter out into uncertainty?
Not really. The majority of people who are watching this over here are otakus who have played the game already. And people who haven't played the game, well, they are otakus too so it's pretty easy for them to go to the nearest Toranoana or doujin shops and grab a copy if it seems interesting. What about the rest? Well, normal people don't watch anime shows airing on an obscure UHF channel past midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
I know the last chapter has not been released yet, but is it conceivable for Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen to contain enough material for a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai show, even if that would only be ~13 eps? Does Minagoroshi-hen contain enough for, say 6 episodes?
I would hate for the show to just end at an unfulfilling ending instead of a "best" ending.
Perhaps. I can't give you info on something that it not official. But I can say this: you'll definitely love the ending for Tsumihoroboshi-hen. I'm not saying any more than that - doing so will ruin the shock value.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote