View Single Post
Old 2013-04-20, 02:52   Link #1024
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
That said, I can understand where the objections come from. I think it's mainly a case of how you first experienced the story. If your first impression of the characters came from the manga, you will naturally form certain preconceptions of how they should look and sound in anime, so it's not surprising to experience some dissonance when what you see and hear do not match what you imagined.
For the record though,Kanon and I both watched the first couple anime episodes before reading the manga.
So the anime was the first thing both of us saw.

As for the OP,really to me it just reflects Eren's state of mind,especially the lyrics but also the epic tone.It just so happens that Eren's state of mind is at odds with right about everyone else's: maybe others are terrified of the titans but he didn't seem to get the memo. The guy doesn't seem intimidated by titans like others,he's declared at the end of episode 2 that he'll "kill every last one of them".
He's always wanted to join the scouting legion and fight beyond the wall and even seeing his hometown attacked and his mom eaten alive didn't hurt his resolve,if anything it made it stronger,he signed up for military training as soon as he could.
The OP begins with "They're the food and we're the hunters", which seems quite the opposite of what we've seen so far, it's the humans that are the titan's food.Yet if there's ever someone who wishes to be a "titan hunter" it's Eren.