View Single Post
Old 2013-11-16, 16:33   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Profession
Second I wasn't talking about Zoro's fighting level I was putting out the fact that Zoro's job is literally Swordsman. He excels at that one thing. Brooke's will never compare to Zoro in that field. His true profession is musician. Any other abilities that Brooke's gets from his devil fruit will be valuable to the team and individual but never truly reach to its highest potentials. Right now Viola's devil fruit is the definition of a scout. Third what do you mean she needs to show more? What is your definition of Straw Hat Caliber? The Straw hats range from Ussope all the way to Luffy, and there are big differences that is what makes them unique. What are the standards for getting in? Right now I am looking at the Straw hats has a whole and individuals and I don't see how Viola and Rebecca don't qualify.
I disagreed with your notion that Zoro is a master swordsman, because the fact of the matter is that he isn't. His swordsmanship skills aren't up to par with the elites in that category. He's getting stronger and refining his skills as the story progresses. Brook doesn't need to compare to Zoro in swordsmanship. He's got enough in his arsenal to distinguish himself as his own fighter.

Viola needs to show more. It's that simple. We've hardly seen her do anything. How pivotal is she to the overall story? What are her personality quirks? Does she fit in with the strawhats? Is she capable enough as a fighter? When this arc started, I said that it would be the NW equivalent of Alabasta, and that's certainly looking to be the case (there are so many similarities). Viola and Rebecca are Vivi all over again.