View Single Post
Old 2006-07-11, 06:52   Link #912
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Such a sweet victory and I am having such a great day reading comments on different forums from all kinds of Zidane fanboys trying to justify his actions. Yes, I know it's a guilty pleasure, I can't help it.

If it was the other way round - Materazzi hitting Zidane, few people would bother to find justifications. But now - "Oh, God, Materazzi must have said something racist, let's just forget that Zidane has a history of going insane for a moment and being sent off.". Talk about jumping to conclusions...
It is only misconception, or is it? In the current conditions of the world, which one seems more possible to you a Muslim-Algerian origined person using racist remarks against a Christian Western person, or the other way around? By the way, I do not approve neither actions (the bad words Materazzi used and Zidane's answer to it), and I do not see any way the bad words will be punished cause it is a part of the game, which is generally played by not very well educated people.

But, what made me laugh, if it is correct of course, Materazzi's comments regarding the incident, saying that [after the claims that he called Zidane a terrorist (or according to a British mouth reader, using this word for his mother)] he doesn't even know the meaning of the word Islamic terrorist/terrorism. Now, that is a comment deserving a great laugh, maybe in a "laughing to the pitiful state" kind of way.

PS: Zidane shouldn't have been awarded the Golden Ball mainly because of the incident, but it seems that many people have chosen to ignore it.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote