View Single Post
Old 2006-07-11, 09:25   Link #914
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I wasn't referring only to racist remarks, I meant that if it was the other way round few people would even bother to investigate what Zidane might have said or done and would have just been happy Materazzi has been sent off. Because Materazzi's best known for his reckless fouls whiel Zidane is a media darling. BTW, I think Zidane is not Muslim, not that this should matter much.
If Materazzi had done the same thing, the discussions might be much more limited compared to Zidane's case. I agree on that. Also, if this had happened at the beginning of the tournament, the discussions might also be much more limited. This is a result of Zidane being a much bigger name around the globe (both in good way and bad way). But, any player at his level (being the brain of his team, being considered as, maybe, the best in the most recent tournament, being a key player in the two previous championships, playing the last game of his career, etc.) would receive similar level of interest if similar kind of thing would have happened in a highly critical game.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote