View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 19:40   Link #65
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

wow that was a doozy of an episode.

so himari is technically the adopted. but that begs the question why shoma was even there--he's clearly another uneeded child because he did say that they'd BOTH go invisible.

and him and himari are the fated ones the entire time.

either way, i'm not remotely upset about this development. it was a great PLOT centric twist. i don't think sho x himari is going to happen. sho/ringo had so much development for one. i also think kanba/himari have also developed---it makes me happy that they aren't related because i want their relationship to be romantic.

not to mention, how important is this fate thing if himari didn't even remember and that we didn't see any hints. the only hint i saw was that sho never LOVED a girl.

this also fits into my original idea that this show is about circumventing fate, that it isn't the end all be all.

as for the argument about what kanba did last episode--it was totally justified. kanba NEVER thought his parents were guilty for whatever reason, as seen in that flashback episode. he clearly loves them a lot and has his reasons, that aren't yet revealed to us, for protecting them. i'm sure he was trying to save them both. and if he ranked himari lesser than his parents, then he wouldn't have volunteered to take the punishment. clearly it was the best scenario but the riskiest in kanba's eyes.