View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 16:21   Link #21
Zappster

I thought the subs were good, given the timeframe they were released in. I spotted an "a" missing from one line which was wrong as a result but that's very minor. Can't really recall anything else. The video quality was good enough for me although I'm not exactly the best judge on such things. Other stuff like karaoke looked nice. Overall I'd say it was about what you'd expect from SS and Eclipse given their past subs. That is, you can't really go wrong with them.

As for the episode itself, I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I didn't watch the original version of the show as things should all be new to me this time around which is nice. Maybe it's part of getting caught up in the hype, I'm not sure. All I know is it was quite entertaining, made me laugh(loved some of the little jokes and the interactions between some of them e.g. Yuuichi and Nayuki just before the OP played, pretty much the entire Yuuichi-Ayu section) and also hinted at more interesting things to come(or at least I would hope so). I liked the OP song too. There was a lot to like about it and not a lot wrong with it IMO. Definitely a keeper, judging by this ep.

There was only really one thing that I thought was a bit weird and that was the bit between 00:57-01:00 on SS-Eclipse's version. Hard to explain but I guess it was the transition from that one scene to a close-up of her face and then back again which I found a bit jarring. But it was pretty minor, all things considered.

Another thing that jumped out at me was when Nayuki's mum started talking, all I could think of was "OMG! It's Yawara!". Anyway... Looking forward to the next episode. As first episodes of new shows go, that was pleasantly surprising. If I were to rate it, I'd probably give it a 7 or an 8.