View Single Post
Old 2010-05-19, 01:27   Link #10202
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Quote:
One theory explaining the meaning of the whole "love test".
I don't understand why people think Shkanon is the only possible thing that can explain this.
I've tried to suggest multiple times that it could be some sort of "faction" war. You could come up with tons of different ideas and get that Shannon has to stop Kanon from doing something or vice versa through murder, and that by one of the two being dead it becomes automatically impossible for the "losing" couple to achieve their dreams. No costumes or double identities needed. It's almost too literal, true, but who's to say that the magic scenes need to hide something overly complicated?

Now that I think about it, that "half-murder" is exactly what happened in EP6, and I distinctly remember Zepar and Furfur (remember: the personification of the rules) saying something about the fact that only one of them needs to die for the defeat to be complete. I can't recall the exact line since it's been a while, and obviously searching for something that vague will get me nowhere, but if anybody can help that'd be great .

But anyways, the fact that the 2nd twilights never involve those four when they're involved (i.e. one of them dies) in the first twilight and always do when they aren't - and also the fact that Jessica survives to the end without fail in the former case - is almost a dead ringer for this, at least to me.

And I think it's a simple idea to work off of, if not a bit vague. You've got to come up with factions to have a faction war, of course, and mine are still a bit too fuzzy to articulate. I'm also not sure what implications some of these ideas have on who's responsible for the "explosion".

But my real point. It seems every time the duel gets brought up everybody immediately jumps to Shkanon and nobody bothers to think of it in a different way. And I'm not saying my idea's the only solution or way to think about it - quite the opposite, if anything - I'm just, in a nutshell, giving agreement by example .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Why does Nanjo think something happened? He just entered the main house after waking up and leaving the guesthouse.
Well, if the kids are looking worried, of course he's going to think that something's happened.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote