Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Fruits Basket Second Season
View Single Post
Old 2020-09-14, 13:02   Link #249
Frontier

It's time for Machi to finally get the spotlight! Kakeru had his own issues with their family, but Machi being pushed to compete with him and be excellent academically and socially has left her feeling like a void with no true feelings or existence beyond what her mother (who seems completely unaware of her daughter's emotional problems and isn't even living with her) forced her to be. She doesn't think she has any opinions, likes, dislikes, or a reason for being .

But then...there's Yuki. Somewhat of a kindred spirit as someone who was lonely and, unbeknownst to Machi, also questioning their own self worth and reason to live. And it's seeing Yuki differently from others that makes Yuki interested in her and want to get to know her better, drawing up feelings in Machi that she never knew she had and making her realize that there are things in her life she cares about and she isn't some unemotional machine. That blushing, stammering, and fussing with Yuki was so cute .

I thought Tohru was less introducing herself to a future husband and more introducing herself to a future father-in-law .

Rin! And that mini-skirt, black leggings, and exposed cleavage triple threat .

Rin, just be honest with your feelings and let Tohru glomp on you. Although it was pretty funny learning she and Kyo used to compete for Kazuma's love back when they were kids .

Oh hey, it's Ritsu! Mr. "Appear in the Opening but never actually appear in the series!" I don't even remember how many episodes it's been since his last appearance. And of course he's gushing about how good Hattori looks in that outfit. I'm sure Mayu would've loved to have seen it .

Ayame really stole the show for New Years. He had practically all the other Sohma's paying attention to him. And he even made Yuki's injury into more of a spectacle with his daring rescue .

Yuki is facing his problems head on and trying to move forward, finally letting go of his anger or resentment towards Akito and others in favor of improving himself. Of course, Akito being Akito, he doesn't take Yuki's newfound character development well .

And I wonder what the significance of that Kureno flashback is? It seems like it was tied together with Yuki trying to move on from everything .

Good on Momiji getting Kureno the DVD of the play with Arisa .

I wouldn't be surprised if Haru's gone by the time Rin wakes up, but if only for a brief moment, it's great that they were able to embrace each other on New Year's .