View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 01:29   Link #79
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't like it simply because it makes individuals less special. Haki is a reflection of the person's will, so making Haki hereditary seems a bit too much like predestination (only the few and the elect ever have any chance of being great).

But didn't we already seen some of this happening with Shirahoshi/Otohime. Granted, it wasn't specifically stated as hereditary but only mermaid princesses are capable being Neptune and Neptune is basically an extreme version of CoO haki. Not to mention that wHile Otohime is not Neptune she does possess a ridiculous CoO as well.

While I don't think bloodline is the only key, I do think it that it somewhat plays a role on the level of haki at your disposal without training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
James may be right in that the old man doesn't know exactly who Luffy is. It could very well have been that they simply recognized each other as exceptional individuals. Kind of like how when we were first introduced to Rayleigh, the giant beside him "sensed" that he was the one who knocked out Disco with CoC.
But then his line won't be making much sense then. There is really no need avoid names if the Zatochi guy was merely noticing Luffy's strength.

That line is at least insinuating that if they offer up their name then Zatochi guy will have no choice but to confront Luffy.

It's almost like Aoikiji first met SH before he change his mind and stressing he was just on a walk and nothing else.