View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 03:52   Link #1940
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I think I'll have to kindly disagree with this statement about Ranka running away because Alto didn't love her. I'm pretty sure that she didn't go flying off because Alto didn't love her the way she wanted. Going back to the scene where Ai-kun molted in front of Ranka and finally realizing that Ai was actually a Vajra, this is where her memories kick in and like she claimed, she began to regain her memory and realized how much of a connection she had to the Vajra. Kind of like what 4Tran said, it was an instinct.

Ranka's idea to bring Ai-kun back and creating peace with the Vajra coincide with each other because it happened in that instant. If it wasn't for the molting, I believe that Ranka would not have gone to the Vajra home world. All of this stems back to Ai-kun and Ranka's realization of what he actually was, it's actually deeper than "Alto doesn't love me so I'm going to use Brera and Ai-kun as an excuse to run away from this pain." We got no hint of Ranka wanting to do this until she impulsively decided to bring Ai-kun back and try to create peace with the Vajra. I'm not excusing Ranka in anyway for leaving Frontier but I certainly don't blame her for making that decision considering her circumstances.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I think you are simplifying it too much. Yeah, Ranka was motivated by Ai-kun molting into going to the Vajra homeworld. But she premeditated enough on that to leave letters to Ozma and Nanase. Of course we could get into another discussion if she really thought that Alto would take her, but letīs just not do that again.

In any case, if you think that her motivations were that simple and pure, Iīll have to disagree with you. As I see it, the situation with Alto and her being used by the government got intolerable to her, so those things which I explained in detail in my last post were also deciding factors why she left. Of course this is my opinion, so feel free to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
It seems that regarding to this part, Alto simply didn't notice/ignored Ranka's effort and focused almost all of his efforts onto taking care of Sheryl instead. Personally that was a change in worse for the development of Alto as well.
Erm. No. Alto only really began to "take care of Sheryl" when he got notice of her illnesss, which was *after* Ranka had left. Before he was there for her in about the same amount as he was there for Ranka. Remember, when Ranka found the two of them on the rooftop, Sheryl was in his arms because she had one of her fainting spells. Now, we can speculate as to how the scene would have developed if Ranka had not barged in ( or if Michael had not entered his and Altos quarter / there wouldnīt have been a secret mission in "Ranka Attack" ), but as to that moment Alto had not overtly done more for Sheryl at the cost of his friendship with Ranka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
btw stop justifying Sheryl here this is a Ranka thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
There's a very easy way for that to happen: don't feed/start discussions about Sheryl here, if you're uncomfortable with it. I also find it unbecoming, since it almost implies there cannot be a discussion of one character without the other.
Where exactly did I "justify Sheryl"? Also, the characters are linked more than most, so comparisons are a part of their character discussion. Not always necessary, but often enough applicable.