View Single Post
Old 2010-12-31, 19:43   Link #224
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hm, you might be right. The only reason I can think of is that it doesn't fit their style. I don't mean the show formula here, but rather the show style and choreography. Some manga for example are very "static" as far as the motion you can see in the panels go. I once heard KyoAni is a kind of "do it for the love of it" studio; assuming that hearsay holds any water it may be they are just not into those kind of shows. You also have to consider that there's probably a lot more to it then it seems -- why haven't other studios picked them up if they are so great? (rhetorical)

Now on the bright side, I'm not sure you can say there's no chance right now for them to pick those shows either. I'm (kind of) expecting Nichijou to be... um, different (to some extent) and thereby break the ice and bad gossip that surrounds the studio. If that happens they should be able to move easier to "other" kind of shows as it were. True, it's not exactly a action anime as you want, but it doesn't sound like it's a otaku anime, or a normal school life anime either. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

well obviously is because studio has yet to seen it or they dont have time to animate it. there are thousand of thousand of LN, VN and manga out there. and about everyday they make new one. literally there is no limit. it simply matter of time that they make anime of it (if they good and worth it)

any way Nichijou is... um, different (to some extent) type of slice of life. which probably is make much more sense if they been animate by shaft consider they style (doesn't mean other studio cannot do)

but either yes it is less generic compare k on. but still not that quite different (it still all girl group talking about everyday life)

they must make great change between generic slice of life to "unussual" slice of life. they make haruhi before why not know.

so far they 2011 line up is slice of life (k-on movie, Nichijou) which make me think if they continue they tradition as generic slice of life maker and not making serious anime again