View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 19:42   Link #56
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodude711 View Post
As a reader of the LN, I have to agree with the reasons why the animation staff decided to do what they did.
As disappointed I am about the lack of Enkidu, I kind of get why he was omitted there. I have an image song anyway, so that's fine.

But the Lancelot battle is still so... horrible done and choppy. This is my biggest problem. I'm going to reserve my judgment about Kirei until I see the added dialogue.

All the Angra Mainyu stuff is confusing in general to be successfully translated...I wanted to see the scene, but I don't know how they would have pulled it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Which to me just sounds like a bunch of BS excuses ufotable paid him to write in order to calm down the raging fans.
Doubtful. He was the one behind all the changes since the first season. From what I can remember, the changes Ufotable wished to make was to add more Servant content (backstory) but they were out of time (they had thought about dedicating an episode for every Servant). They really should have made the series longer...

On the other hand, this could open the way to OVAs in the future (after they are done with KnK and the FSN openings). Specially for popular Servants like Gilgamesh, Saber and Rider (the three of them feature in their credit card). Fate/Zero: Three Kings or something like that, written by Urobuchi could have potential to be sold more than Kiritsugu stuff. I'm hopeful that ufotable would try to milk them in the near future.

Edit: Wait no, they didn't dedicate episode 9 exclusively to Lancer because if they did that, they would have to do the same for every Servant. But they considered it.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-09-21 at 02:45.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote