View Single Post
Old 2011-03-18, 10:46   Link #9313
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

~~~Final Intelligence Update Completed~~~

What a strange time it has been. We've laughed, we've cried, we've raged about crack until hell froze over.

During this time, a small Belkadi boy of questionable birth turned into an overblown hero before being torn down over and over. As he grew and changed with each canon rectify and fanon complaint, so did I learn of tropes and cliches and traps to fall for. As his profile turned from a few thousand words to fucking 54 pages including illustrations and suggestions for variation, so did I go from happy little twit to depressed emo grouch to cbf troll.

Nanoha has come, grown up, and disappeared while pushing a giant asteroid set by me to destroy this thread.

Lo, with a page made of 44157 characters, is a relic from the past made valid to the present. This is what I believe would have been how things would be, had a certain grimdark world and a certain combined fic not come and changed everything.

It was an innocent love, but how often, do first loves last? Not when two young and inexperienced individuals mistook deep friendship for real lasting destiny. They have grown as much as I have done; Fate he has gone her way, while crack has been shipped off somewhere. And I have found real purpose.

So from ashes to ashes, dawn to dusk, it is most apt, that my long journey through the Takamachi Way, begins and ends with Kha.

- Fin -

I clasped my hands over my face, and waved the light novel away. I couldn't help but steal a mischievous look as the events of another fictional time rolled by my mind's eye. It was beginning to grow into a habit, this scribble of musings about another world and another place, where magic never existed and there was only rage. Much idling before Mass had been spent on that twisted memoir of a fictional life, and I thank her Gloriousness that somehow "Meister Babylon" managed to finish the novel of his eccentric untrue life. Perhaps calling it a retirement, too.

From there, I bowed from the altar and strode away from the gold lights of Monarch Church. It was beginning to get busy. I bow heads, greeting my pious brethren on their Sunday pilgrimage.

"Light be with you, der Kleriker."

"And so shall She be with you."

I wasn't confident for the book to sell, but it was incredibly fun to think outside my little box every once in a while. But playtime is over. Got to return to the real world, and my real "job". That job looked rather cross; even after all these years, the harmless people of Belka just never agreed with the dark magical girl. Like always, I took her hand, our minds connected and brushed her warmth inside. She let her petty woes pour free, and we laughed.

The people stopped and stared. What a sight it must be, the Grey Knight and the Starlight Destroyer chatting gayly. We didn't care; we never did.

I have always been her shield, and she has always been my Seiko.