View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 09:29   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
@kodachrome: That was what I meant. The Extendeds were simply tossed aside once the old characters entered the scene (I won't say who...You all know.)
Hold on... So you are blaming Kira for ruining the series?

I thought it was clear people expected Kira to show up at some point in the sequel even before GSD aired? And no one really complained at the time?

It was how Kira's entrance was handled, and overall script problems, that drove GSD down hill. The fact that Kira's entrance coincides with the Shark-jumping doesn't mean he as a character has anything to do with it!

Or are you saying if Kira didn't show up at all the Fukuda couple would be able to make a better script? Seriously?

When GSD first aired, no one thought introducing Kira was a bad idea. It was when we realised Shinn's character development dropped to zero, and that the Fukuda couple already have trouble handling the characters they got, followed by the meaningless way the Minerva crew become secondary characters, that we know they had bitten off more than they could chew.

The is nothing wrong with re-introducing Kira. It was how he was reintroduced that was the problem. Kira as a character is not at fault; a better director would be able to fit him in seamlessly into the existing storyline. It's been done before, and there was no reason why it couldn't be done here except for sheer incompetence.

Many shows introduce characters half-way in the series. GSD failed because they weren't good enough, not because a character was inherently evil. (That's the impression i am getting, that the "Evil Kira" ruined everything. Get real, and get over it!)