View Single Post
Old 2018-09-30, 21:59   Link #29
Frontier

The comedy and partner banter in this show really does evoke Tiger and Bunny a lot, which is never a bad thing in my book .

So is Kirill's sister the person in the picture and Opening? Then I guess she also apparently grew her hair out...

The Boss and Doug both make the obvious comments about how Kirill looks like a woman. Heck, his official Seven-0 outfit makes him look even more feminine .

Doug does seem kind of...detached or apparently lacking in any kind of passion for his work as a detective, which I guess makes sense if he seems to have more lofty goals in mind for change that actually matters rather then as a "hero" who does something but is forgotten about in a few days. I wonder if he feels his role in law enforcement is a step towards having the kind of power to enact the changes he wants to make in the world?

I wonder if the eyecatch will change depending on the detective pair that is focused on in the episode ?

I'm curious if there'll be more drama mined from the fact that Seven-0 can't get involved with crimes or enforcing the law unless someone with Anthem is involved...

I guess the ending confirms that the blonde-haired and white-haired detectives are romantically involved given it has them leaning into a kiss...and we had Doug and Kirill monitoring a male couple (Kirill called their argument a "lovers quarrel"). I guess this series is intending to be reflective of the West enough to be a little more progressive with LGBT relationships then Japan would normally be .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Kirill kept the job because Doug asked Boss to keep him.
I thought he kept the job because the Boss is simple-minded enough to think that "okay" is enough .