Thread: Winter Garden
View Single Post
Old 2006-12-27, 04:04   Link #21
snapxynith

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Facial Hair Club?!? What the hell was that about like???

The animation was poor, however the simplicity does have its own beauty. The rest seemed fine to me. So far it looks like a calm slowly paced average romance anime. Nothing special, but not bad either.

Though I must say that her sister is rather cute....
That's a direct reference to Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo! Masaru-san
You see Broccoli is <I'm assuming> friendly with the TBS broadcasting company.

The "Hige-bu" or facial hair club is a reference to Sexy commando and the club all the main characters are in during the duration of the show.

Now Digi charat(TV) the first series was a short five minute show or so, just as Sexy Commando was(Technically it ran nine minutes but don't crucify me over details). To fill a time slot TBS lumped them together in a anime shorts block called [Wonderful] http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4293

Even though J.C. Staff is doing the animation, broccoli is of course working in the background and having some fun.

So this is just a playful jab at some anime time slot buddies.

...Or I could just be full of it.
But it'd be nice to hear that my assumptions and logic aren't that flawed everyday.

Hahah, as a side note. When she's going to her club, the drawings on the door look a lot like the short and random "Ukelele Lessons" on sexy commando.

So...wait, if the Hige-bu is there...that would mean she goes to Wakame Highschool...