View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 07:36   Link #78
Levy
differently sober

I gave Code Geass R2 a 7, mainly because of the crescendo of the last episodes.
I won’t repeat what other people have said already, many important part of the story were too rushed, some characters didn’t have time to have a proper development in the show, with Suzaku and Charles being the more blantant example. Otherwise I’m fully satisfied with what they did with Lelouch and Nunnaly, and even CC, if you forget the moe part (and I won’t go into secondary characters because it would be seriously too long XD).
Maybe a little smaller cast (more ‘conservative’ of S1) would have fit the whole plot better.
I do not like the character design and animation, but that goes with my personal taste. Ears are otherwise very pleased with Geass. So, seven out of ten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
I'm getting rather annoyed by the fact that people are criticising Code Geass because Scheinzel was not a good "Final villain/boss" figure that they were expecting. Are you people just asking for clichés and formulaic stories or what?
Same here. What I've sadly observed with my intensive lurking in this fandom, is that the majority of people have some sort of urgency to spot out who is the 'Hero' and who is the 'Villain' and see the show as a clash between good and evil - while Geass is a story about a boy with a quite distinctive personality and the terrible power of wishes. It's not definitely an arcade game.

..and.. another thing.. people, stop throwing shit at the BK (Karen included). It was crap from the very start, but in these days, it's really OLD crap.
If you don't get their motivations, go back watch S1 and you'll find out everything you need to understand. The fact they didn't give them enough screentime in R2 to make their mutinity absolutely realistic just doesn't make them idiots or faggots or badasses.
If the writers were persuaded they are doing it all wrong, you would not have got this ending in wich almost everyone is living a happy and satisfactory life.
So, if you are all still thinking all they've done since the mutiny was fail and awfull, maybe there's something you have misinterpreted.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote