View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 10:24   Link #495
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I have to agree with this. The whole first arc was about him learning his worth as a person, and his wings were a manifestation of that. Then the second he loses them he completely forgets everything he had learned up to that point, seeing the wings as the only reason he was worth anything, even going so far as refusing to trust in the friends who had given him his confidence to begin with. Unlike many viewers I actually really liked him at the beginning as I saw his struggle as something that was easy to identify with, but my opinion of him dropped to rock bottom in the second half.

That said though, I still really liked the show in general and don't understand the seemingly common viewpoint that the main character's very existence made it completely unwatchable and negated any other positive qualities it may have had.
I respect your opinion in the paragraph.

Now then, I agree what you said in the second. To dismiss a show because of the MC appearance alone, it seems really shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They were attractive BACK IN THE DAY. It just have not aged well. So did Sailor Moon, Fist of the North Star, Kanon 2002, etc... They have not aged well aesthetically. Myself, I even think that some shows I liked back in the day aged bad, as far as the character designs goes.
True. I also liked Boys Be during my younger years. It's one of my first anime back in AXN.