View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 12:47   Link #93
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Don't you see the problem at all? You're watching animation!

If the animation (by which I'm referring to the sum of all its audio-visual elements, not just its art and cinematography, but also its music, sound direction and voice-acting ) isn't what wows you in the end about the story you've just experienced, then what's the point about praising the quality of its writing, when the writing was supposed to help the animators, musicians, sound engineers and voice actors do their jobs properly?

You're me, from years ago, before my producer friend asked: "Why animation?"

If anime succeeds just on the strength of its writing alone, without growing as an audio-visual form of storytelling, then something is seriously wrong with the industry that creates it.

What is the point of a brilliantly written graphic novel that is presented as pages and pages of crudely drawn stick figures? Can it even still be called a "graphic" novel?

What is the point of brilliantly written plot and dialogue, if they didn't help the anime flourish as animation?
And here we go again, we're turning around in circles
At no point has Triple R stated that animation doesn't matter, at no point as he said that he has no interest in looking at visuals.

You're arguing vs nobody here