View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 02:08   Link #62
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Problem being, you cannot point to a single action he commited that was "evil" as you put it.

Killing his clan? We know why that happened. It was the Uchiha's who were planning a coup and the village elders ordered itachi to carry out the mission. Even then he did not kill his kid brother.

While with Akatsuki? We don't have a single evidence of him commiting any heinous crimes. Even when he fought Kakashi, he chose not to kill Kakashi. (Kakashi himself wondered why Itachi didn't kill him since as Kakashi put it, it would have been "easy for him" to do so). You could further argue that Itachi considers kakashi a real ninja and he knew Kakashi could bear the torture and would come out stronger from it.

Kicking Oro's ass? Thats obviously good.
Transferring some power to Naruto? good.
Sacrificing his relationship and his honor in order to get sasuke to grow strong? Good.

Itachi = tragic hero
Really, Itachi's actions in Konoha make no sense unless he wasn't a villain. He doesn't make any real effort to fight, flees at the prospect of serious resistance, doesn't capture Naruto despite supposedly coming for that reason, etc.

Compare this to the way the rest of Akatsuki acts, and you'll see what I mean. Attacking the major villages, attacking unrelated targets, slaughtering people at random, taking hostages and then killing them for the lulz after your demands are met, blowing Konoha the fuck up, provoking international incidents, and so forth.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote