View Single Post
Old 2007-11-30, 01:02   Link #41
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm... generally, most people (the younger generation today) won't know the older bands since you wouldn't see them on tv and radio these days (at least from where I'm from). It's all mainstream bands I see on MTV when I take a peek.

Honestly I wouldn't be listening to metal right now if a friend didn't send me a mp3 file of Metallica's Master of Puppets, or my dad not showing me Led Zeppelin.

Right now: listening to Mötley Crüe: Kickstart My Heart. Great stuff to listen to when waking up~
lol, quoting myself, it's strange for me to say 'younger generation' since I'm just 18 years old. I discovered metal at about two years ago and since then I've been going deeper as I try more and more stuff each day. My first metal band that I listened to was Metallica, Master of Puppets, and my most recent song that I downloaded/listened to is Children Of Bodom's cover of Rebel Yell.

Still, Led Zeppelin is pure win. And it's not just Stairway To Heaven, like Heartbreaker or Kashmir for instance. lol, i'll cut myself off here since I could go on forever rambling on about every band I'm listening too.

One last thing: Motörhead!!! Lemmy is God, and I'm not sure if I'd classify them as heavy metal, since he says they're rock and roll.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote