Thread: Licensed Karneval
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 11:33   Link #115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
If you want to get a taste of yaoi animes, you can pm me and I will tell you of a certain place.
Thank you very much, but no thanx. If I haven’t “tasted” any yaoi anime so far, that’s for a reason (you should know what it is. Me being a straight guy and all ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
It's easy, is it not, for you guys out there to perceive that if an anime/manga has plenty of bishounens and strong bonds between characters, then the anime/manga falls under yaoi/shounen-ai genre. I understand, but I would like to emphasize that it's not always the case.I think this misconception partly stems from yaoi/shounen-ai fandoms.
Oh, some guys do understand it. For example, those who like Saint Seiya franchise like me. There are hordes of bishounens in it (some even very pretty and feminin) but no BL-vibe, save for a certain awkward scene (even though all the fans know that there’s no suggestive meaning in it). So, many guys won’t be easily driven away by a large number of bishounens by default. It’s the BL-vibe that matters. We’re also able to like reverse-harem as long as the characters and the story is well-written and interesting ^^.