Thread: Licensed Just Because
View Single Post
Old 2017-12-31, 21:32   Link #254
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
What would have been proper development between them? It seems now they're in college things will be fine, they just were too busy with entrance exams. In a sense this is the more realistic way, although boring for the viewer.
Morikawa and Souma is what you can get as proper development from this series. 12 episodes is not enough to do a lot of things but they were the ones that made the series better, on the other hand Komiya, Natsume and Eita were the ones that made it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Those who take things like entrance exams seriously really are spending 10 hours a day studying and do not have time or energy for a romance. I think the point was to show that kind of story instead of the usual.
Let's see:
-Show in the series that there is a lot of romance and Natsume/Eita are troubled by that the entire time.
-Instead of solving those problems in order to focus on the exams they added all the bullshit with Komiya to suddenly in a couple of minutes dump her and show what everyone knew since the beginning, Natsume is going to win by default with zero effort or at least some developments between her and Eita.
-Showing how Eita was half of the time thinking about Natsume, meanwhile she was half of the time doing exactly the same for him and Souma (in the beginning).

There is nothing of what you said, the whole "I have to decide my future" topic wasn't the focus of those 3 characters, at best half of the time while this is mostly about the poorly written romance issues between them. This show didn't even tried to do something interesting with Eita or Natsume, just went for the usual cliche stuff that you can find anywhere.

The only characters here that shows this were Morikawa and Souma, you can pinpoint every escene or dialogue where they showed their worries about the future and deal in a proper way with their feelings.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote