Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 13:09   Link #1236
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's a great thought right there. And it makes me think Wakana's little soprano act at that moment wasn't just a random thing but a hint that she got the message.
Agreed. That, and the adorable wink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I think her role is quite an interesting one, and that her objections might be in part owing to her past experiences. It seems that Wakana is most likely to allow the Vice Principal to perhaps come to terms with these experiences...
I think that the Vice Principal admired Wakana's mom, and genuinely liked Wakana's mom as a good friend, but I think that the Vice Principal also envied Wakana's mom (a good point of comparison might be the Satoshi-Oreki friendship in Hyouka).

The Vice Principal kept stressing "Vocal Group" instead of "Choir". I think that the reason for that is that the V-P wanted to have a 'Vocal Group' of her own, and felt that Wakana's mom kind of monopolized the Choir ("That song, and the choir back in those days, you created both on your own" - What the V-P said to Wakana's mom in a flashback scene).

I think the VP wanted to create something that was truly her's, and not just inherit Mahiru's baby (i.e. the choir). The VP has a grumpy side to herself to this day because I think she has those regrets from her youth; regrets of having not realized her musical dreams the way that Mahiru did.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-09-03 at 13:18. Reason: Adding in extra reply
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote