View Single Post
Old 2008-09-09, 23:05   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

......Hah... This isn't bad, but I can't help feelings dissatisfied at some points, you know~~... It's still interesting and all though... I think the author needs a bit more work on the storytelling...

The following are opinions after reading 3-4:

*Last note: As much as I sound I didn't like it, it was a good read. Good, anyways. Nothing higher.
---

First, I really question why Accelerator and Motoharu are so popular.
Personality-wise, they aren't great at all. Accelerator is half(?) psychotic, and Motoharu is just simply has traits of characters I tend to dislike
Spoiler for the part:

The only thing I can think of is that they have entertaining ways of talking. Then again, Imouto isn't any different from that part.
Of course, there are still more than 10 volumes with them to star in, so maybe I'm just missing something, but first impressions tend to be important to me, so having a bad first impression=hostility towards character forever, is how it usually goes...

Second, is the more clear problem of forgotten characters. In a whole, it isn't a problem, yes, but as a reader going through the volumes slowly, it is.
I mean, WHAT happened to Accelerator at the end of volume 3?
Misha in volume 4?
Hello~ I'd like to know here. Surely you can at least tell as a sentence as to what happened, you know.

Third, is the fact that Touma's actions get duller by the volume. Volume 3 was still fine, as he actually seems somewhat cool, but his importance is almost questionable in volume 4, and I must wonder if he has to always be so one-pattern on everything. I swear, he must say "FUZAKERUNA!" at least once every volume.
--

Onto more volume-separated thoughts:

Starting with volume 4, for no reason...

When Motoharu described magicians and what they were
Spoiler for the whole thing on:

the first thing I thought was
"Oh great, so the magicians in this novel are a bunch of egotistical emo-characters, huh... Can't look forward to more magic-side stories"
Of course, let me point it, this is just a first thought.
Still...

I'm not sure why, but despite focusing a lot on Kaori, my impression of her went down rather than up. That, and I realized that she has a hot body (*points to pictures in vol.4 tab*)
Spoiler for a couple thoughts:

Is how I thought of things, and I honestly couldn't find myself sympathizing with her.

And seriously, what happened to the "heroine"? Aisa was absolute air and Index wasn't much better. Heck, the "main characters" have completely swapped, disappointing people who continued reading for those characters.
And at the same time, they continue creating new characters.

What's more, the overall story felt kind of messy, where they jump from place to place. Though I must credit the story for being unpredictable. Even if
Spoiler:

Last thing, but Touya=Cool dad

---

Now then, writing too much, on to vol.3...

I found there to be much less problem than vol.4, despite Index being... pointless.

Imouto really has a entertaining way of talking. (Accelerator too)

And Kuroko gets her first appearance, that pervert.

Putting it short (ah-ah~, tired), I'll just list the only part I felt dissatisfaction:
Spoiler for yah:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)