Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Overlord Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-09-07, 20:17   Link #451
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
My problem, I guess, is that up until now Ainz hasn't been shown being deliberately cruel to people, except for Clementine.

There's a difference between killing and torture or "experimentation". At least to me.
That's because the anime white-washes Ainz. Remember the Sunlight Stricture from the first few episodes of the first season? He tortured those people and actually killed Nigun "on accident" while doing it. There's also the adventurers he coldly ordered the murder of, the ones that tried to follow him when he was going to fight Shalltear. Or his experiment with using the lizardfolk as undead.

Ainz has tortured and performed "experimentation" on others but because they didn't get a full 2.5 episodes to themselves (and let's be honest, they're not cute), nobody cried outrage. Even that assassin group that got wiped out by Sebas had paragraphs of backstory but no one cared when they were tortured.

Also note that Adventurers are viewed in a better light than Workers (who were basically criminals), since they do legal jobs assigned by the kingdom. That's why none of them mattered to Ainz. To him, they were nothing more than pests blinded by their own greed for money.

And how is defending Ainz mean people are defending themselves? That comment is just ridiculous. Neither Ainz nor anyone needs to justify his actions since it's already been established that he only cares and does things for the benefit of Nazarick. Foresight, unfortunately, hit one of his few berserk buttons (lying to his face about his friends) and that's why he acted cruelly.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote