View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 19:27   Link #12483
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I'm not accustomed to introducing myself on Forums so please excuse the somewhat awkward formality.

That being said, I suppose that's a good place to start. My writing tends to be more formal than I would like. I have recently started incorporating contractions and less formal elements so that it doesn't come across quite as stilted, but I'm afraid the effect hasn't changed very much.

I am currently working on my Master's degree in English (specifically Nineteenth Century British Literature). Thus, it should come as no surprise that reading is my favorite pastime. I favor the English and European classics more than anything. Generally speaking I detest American literature for some reason I have yet to figure out. Well written contemporary historical fiction also holds a dear place in my heart. I have yet to tackle any Japanese light novels simply because I'm not sure where to begin.

My tastes regarding anime are constantly fluctuating. I find that recently I have become less tolerant of derivative and overtly trope-laden shows. I adore "grim-dark" and tragic shows. I do not watch shounen or "ecchi" shows simply because I find nothing enjoyable in them. This may be because I am very far removed from the target audience of those genres. Interestingly enough I gravitate more toward seinen than josei despite the fact that I'm a woman. That being said, I am currently following two shows this season: Psycho-Pass and Shin Sekai Yori.

What else, what else . . . I think that's about it. If anyone would like to know anything else please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to meeting everyone

Welcome to the Forums Rosalena. You do sound formal but that can be a good thing.
I love reading too but I don't necessarily have the taste for contemporary historical fiction. I read American Literature but I try to open myself to other options. Like you, I have not read any Japanese Light Novels so I can't help you in that area but there are many others who can help you.

You have a very interesting taste in animes. I hope you find more of what you are looking for.

Nice to meet you Rosalena. I hope you have a good time here at the Forums.