View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 10:53   Link #23375
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Incidentally, if we're talking about episode 3, does anyone else think that Eva's key move after the second twilight murders was stealing Maria's handbag? I mean, that handbag Rosa's has sleeping pills in it, which would explain how Eva could strangle Krauss and Natsuhi without resistance (sleeping pills knock them out, handbag's handle to strangle them with).
I don't remember that clearly. Were there actually sleeping pills in Maria's handbag? If yes it would actually be a huge benefit to the two culprit theories which I can apply to EP3.
The main suspects to me are Eva, Rudolph and Kyrie by now. It would be nice if there was a way to go without Eva as a culprit at all (even though I thought differently before), but I can't make much sense of the Krauss/Natsuhi murder without her.
Assuming that at least Kyrie, if not both of them, somehow faked their death and killed George in the mansion, many things make more sense. But if Rudolph actually killed Rosa and Maria, which is certainly possible, did he actually sneak out of the mansion, all the way to the guesthouse and drugged the coffee that Eva prepared somehow and strangled them after she had left for the bathroom?
This is especially problematic because it would require highly believable make up for Rudolphs head wound including the stake...this is not something like Kyrie walking a few meters with a stomach wound and shooting George.
The only other solution I could think of would be Yasu actually killing Rosa and Maria and later returning to the guesthouse, killing Natsuhi and Krauss, and taking George with her...though that seems like quite a heavy task.

Really, the more I think about it the more terrible of a puzzle EP3 becomes.
I have actually started accepting the several culprit theory...but it's the little details that make my head hurt.
Like, why were Kyrie, Rudolph, Hideyoshi, Natsuhi and Krauss staked? Who was able to be in possession of sleeping pills to drug Natsuhi and Krauss? Who had enough time to drag the former outside?

I really have to rethink my EP3 theory...
Though by now I think it's more important that Eva-Beatrice said that she controlled Kyrie when she made her go to the mansion than I thought before.

Quote:
Take Kanon out of ep1-4. What do you lose?
I agree with you that Kanon made some things more difficult than they actually had to be, but I thik he was of some use to the theories formed during the first 4 Episodes.
  • He was the corpse that was never found (implying a double identity or survival)
  • He was one of the first hints towards the ungendered Beatrice
Those are not the biggest parts of the whole plot, but it was quite important. Otherwise it would have been harder to give out certain hints webbed into the script (also Kanon showing Hideyoshi the ring or him vowing to fight Beatrice in EP1)...these are small parts, but he actually does serve a role.
The biggest problem is his huge connection to the cousins via Jessica, which makes him much to important to just regard him as a role.

I think by now we have to agree that it isn't as easy as to divide the depictio within each Episode into real and magical scenes. It's more like the whole plot of each story (both Yasu's and Tôya's) are "magical" interpretations of something which might happen/have happened on Rokkenjima with a basic structure that is founded in reality.
So I would say Shannon and Kanon are magical beings, but you can withdraw them from the plot and reinsert Yasu...everything that you can't it into that is a magical reinterpretation of actuall events and could not have happened that way. It's the same with everything involving Beatrice, Eva-Beatrice, Goldsmith or any of the magical beings.
I would almost say it's time for a scale of how easy to recognize certain scenes are as "magical interpretations". If we think back to EP1, there was nothing off about the scene with Kinzô talking to Natsuhi until hints of his earlier death started piling up.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote