View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 11:46   Link #436
Qilin
Romanticist

What can I say about this episode?

As a manga reader, I guess I was impressed at how the anime managed to cover all of the important points while retaining the plots coherence. I'd discuss the story's pacing issues, but this is all for the greater good. You''ll see.

One of the things the kept me hooked to the episode was the sheer volume of cameos of the main story's characters (and even some from the manga) in it. I was pleasantly surprised to see Koromo and Saki animated once again.

Speaking of Saki's new menacing image, I don't think it's anything new. I do remember a scene in the original anime where Touka, Jun, Hajime, and Tomoki where terrified by Saki's aura while looking for a bathroom. In the aforementioned scene in the spin-off, the situation is similar with her getting lost while looking for a bathroom. It seems looking for a toilet is serious business for a certain someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
How can you not cheer for them!!!

They have to safe their beloved friend, Nodoka who is now trapped in the hand of breast-hunger-demon, Miyanaga Saki. This goal is admirable enough to root for them!!!

Spoiler for Devilish Saki image:

This pic made my day. I am now a devout follower of dark Saki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
[mod edit: spoilers removed]
Apparently, a common strategy in these kinds of competitions is to put one's strongest players in the Vanguard position.

As the original show once demonstrated, it is entirely possible to win without the Vice Captain and Captain matches even occurring if any other opposing team's score can be reduced to zero before then. A such, many teams employ this strategy for a strong start and finish the match prematurely. In a sense, Kiyosumi's logic of putting their strongest players in the final positions is more unorthodox.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-24 at 13:46.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote