View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 19:09   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

ANN takes this approach. Suggestion requests are generally banned from the forums, but there are a few genre-based threads devoted entirely to suggestions. I'd probably prefer a system where these sticky threads are curated by a few trusted members who can accept or reject postings to limit the threads to those "high-quality" postings that ChainLegacy (and I) would like to see.

One method might be to define a list of genres or topics that deserve stickies, then look through the Suggestions forum for good threads on which to base the stickies. I don't think this is a task that should be dumped in the moderators' laps. We'd probably need some small committees to pore over the existing threads and try to cull the best suggestions in each genre. Frankly I see this as a case where an undemocratic solution should be applied, at least to create the initial threads. Then we could have a round where the proposed threads are open to public review and modified in response. This sounds like a lot of work, but as someone who has made hundreds of postings in the Suggestions forum, I'd probably find it less work in the long run to curate a few groups than make the same suggestions over and over again.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote