View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 22:30   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh I remember when having the same director as the first season gave hope... But alas, JC Staff does it again. Utter crap. Yeah, I know what "F" means now. As in, their grade.
For one thing, I don't even know if the staff is trying or not. They showed clearly that they don't even care about their past scripts in episode 11, which explained a lot about the anime. The OP didn't even get a SE version like it did in the past seasons.
The original part of the anime honestly didn't make sense or lacking in many ways. The Familiar powers get exceptions, requirements for spells appear and disappear, characters die and never get touched on in the end, military weapons get stolen by a middle schooler, and as far as the last arc goes, that dragon was lame and typical. There was no closure on Void and the elves either.
It feels they should have waited until there was an ending to animate instead of doing something original.
Why didn't they wait? Noboru is still alive. I mean, if it was still 1-cour, everything else would suck still, but at least the ending wouldn't be so idiotic.

"But it was 1-cour and they had no time!"
is something they can say after they actually used their time wisely, because I know that at least an episode's worth of time was spent on fanservice. That isn't needed.
Also, the siblings were extremely pointless in the anime. More than the novel. It's like they took half of the siblings' story and half of Joseph's story and divided by half.
In that case, instead of doing both halfheartedly, just take out the siblings' arc and animate Joseph's arc better.

However, to compliment one thing, the OP was cool.
Even if they make the siblings and Joseph to be more important than they actually treated them.

And there is one gain from this season:
The knowledge that they can't screw up the series anymore since they ended it! Yay!
(Hopefully)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)