View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 04:26   Link #38
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I doubt I would stay motivated that way if "fansubbing were to change"/"fansubbing needs to be rationalized". I can't be arsed to do any work for/with people I don't know or care about. The only thing I like and care about in fansubbing is the working-together part and so far that's been great.

Also, looking back at the old days; things used to be a lot more "inefficient" back then, and there were a lot of slow releases. Maybe back then a lot of people still though "hey, i can do this too" and started their own group. But DB/Eclipse/gg changed all that (together with the crazy amount of other speedsubbers) and demands for more fansubbers who can do their job fast and would be available to do their job every week at a certain time, raised the bar for people wanting to enter the fansubbing world. Almost no groups were left that took it easy and were doing things at their own pace (basically the training ground for new people i guess).

Either way, I have no idea what will happen to fansubs in the future. It's not like I really care anyway; I'll just do whatever I feel like doing.
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote