View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 16:42   Link #255
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
You said "perhaps" implying that there is a chance that Blackbeard could actually beat Marco.
Read my posts, please. I said "the gorosei said that only the remaining emperors and perhaps the remnants of the WB pirates could stop BB".

Quote:
We have no idea what even happened there. For all we know, Shanks could have offered Kaidou something to make him turn back. After all, this is the same guy who doesn't care if some no name even spit on him.
Indeed, which proves my point that statements are sometimes interpreted in different ways. You have to examine the context.

Quote:
Stopping someone like Blackbeard who's goal is to become Pirate King would be defeating him. It's clear that's what the Gorosei were saying.
Quite possibly. Note that only the emperors were stated with certainty; the WB pirates had a "maybe" in there. With their head, Ace, and Thatch, gone, they've been weakened.

Quote:
Blackbeard getting completely fodderized by a half dead Whitebeard was honestly so pathetic. I don't see that happening to any top tier.
BB quickly shrugged off the pain from an enraged WB's assault. The very same WB who temporarily put Akainu down. His resilience is outstanding.

Quote:
Sure, Blackbeard now has the Gura Gura, but that only increases his offensive power, it doesn't change the rest of his poor stats. Though I'm confident Blackbeard is a top tier now after the time skip.
That's why he has a ridiculous tolerance for damage. It compensates for his lackluster reactions.

Quote:
And that same risk didn't apply to fighting both Sengoku and Garp? If Blackbeard was strong enough to take on the two of them, he would have no problem manhandling Akainu.
After just acquiring the quake ability, BB was "high" on power. He declared himself as the strongest man in the world, so naturally his arrogance/overconfidence got the better of him. After the war, he had time to cool down and be more prudent from then on.

Quote:
There is absolutely no risk if Blackbeard was as strong as Garp and Sengoku combined. None at all.
I didn't say he was as strong as the duo.

Quote:
Defeating Akainu would have gotten him the battleship, and defeating Akainu deals with a threat that's probably been chasing after them like a madman for the last 2 years.
He wouldn't have gotten the battleship no matter what. Akainu would see to that personally by destroying it himself if necessary.