View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 21:21   Link #17990
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
this is why I wait for 1:100. Unless I have no choice like with GN Archer, I will never touch 1:144 anymore. Almost 99.9% of the 1:144 are crap and pure milking by bandai.
As a mainly 1/144 collector I highly disagree. The only edge 1/100's have over 1/144 kits nowadays is their size. In many cases nowadays, the HG 1/144's have more gimmicks and better poseability than their 1/100 counterparts, ex. HG 1/144 Destiny Gundam to its 1/100 version, or the recent HG Astraea Type F to its 1/100 counterpart; and let's not even mention Bandai's recent strange decision to not give pivoting waist joints to their 1/100 00 S2 line. Not to mention that 1/144's have more variety of models than 1/100's, as the sheer number of unique designs in the various HG lines can attest too.

And finally... when has Bandai not planned to milk Gunpla for all it's worth? Whether it's 1/100 or 1/144 they do anything to ensure max profit, being a business afterall. That "pure milking" isn't a "problem" inherent only to 1/144 models you know.

------

On the HG Zabanya, I'm more or less sticking to the notion that they're only giving you two GN Sniper Rifles for it, considering its 1890 Yen price tag, which would be around the price of the GNHW kits. Considering that each GN Sniper Rifle seems to have its own transforming gimmicks having all 8 of them for 1890 yen would be wishful thinking.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote